Background on the Program
The Wildcat Entrepreneur Academy (WEA!) is a year-long program that teaches middle and high school students how to start and run their own REAL businesses. The program is a partnership between the Alexander City Chamber of Commerce and Benjamin Russell High School with the WEA curriculum being incorporated into the regular class schedule at BRHS.
WEA! guides high school students through the process of starting and running a legitimate business over the course of a full academic year. Check out the course information below.
Over the course of the program, students:
- Brainstorm business ideas
- Write a business plan
- Interact with business professionals on field trips
- Pitch their business plan to potential "investors" (think ABCs "Shark Tank"!)
- Obtain funding
- Legally register their business
- Actually launch their own business or social movement
If you're interested in WEA!, email email@example.com or call the Alex City Chamber at (256) 234-3461.
Investor Panel Sponsor:
Tallapoosa County Commissioner T.C. Coley